Thread: Sievert flaring?

Default Sievert flaring?

Having problems with my Sievert torch suddenly flaring and coming out with a huge flame then dropping back again.
    Its done it before but only with the big nozzle , now its doing it with the small one too.
    Anybody know whats causing it/ how to fix it?

Thanks

I've had that too Sarah and it scared the bejesus out of me. I ended up boiling mine in washing soda to degrease and made sure it was tight and touch wood it hasn't happened since I cleaned it. Not much help as I really have no idea why it suddenly happens
    Last edited by CJ57; 09-03-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Mine also used to do this, and I think is an accumulation of dirt building up inside the nozzle.

I havent used mine since tbh as I moved over to the Smiths Torch which has proved just as powerful and far more reliable.

Nick

As said above most likely dirt trapped in the burner if you have a compressor blow it out, or as above wash and dry could also be caused by a air leak check all your fittings

Thanks guys, would make sense , its probably full of dog dust lol

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Having problems with my Sievert torch suddenly flaring and coming out with a huge flame then dropping back again.
    Its done it before but only with the big nozzle , now its doing it with the small one too.
    Anybody know whats causing it/ how to fix it?

Thanks
    It's great reading these old threads. This happened to me as well and scared the life out of me. I put it down to the nozzle not being screwed on tightly. I suspect this allowed a tiny amount of gas to leak from the joint which ignited when I moved the nozzle close to the crucible, probably due to the flames being reflected back by the pressure. It happened to me about 6 months ago and since then I have made it a habit to tighten all connections every time I use my torch. It has not happened again.