Thread: Finally made my first belt bckle!

Talking Finally made my first belt bckle!

Thanks to inspiration from Dennis, I got around to making this over the weekend. Sterling silver, for hubby's Christmas present. Apologies if the photos are poor, just used my mobile phone! Off to the Assay Office tomorrow to become my first hallmarked piece. Not quite as perfect as yours Dennis, but I am happy with it for a first attempt. Comments and criticism very welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG1723_1_1.jpg   IMAG1721.jpg   IMAG1728.jpg   IMAG1731.jpg  

Well done Julie. That will be a joy to wear. Do you have the leather and rivets for it? Dennis.

I do, I found some full grain leather belt blanks at a reasonable price, so bought one black, one brown, so he can swap as change as he likes. Thank you Dennis for replying, I was keen for you to see it. I used your photos and similar measurements (4cm width belt) then rolled my silver rod thinner than yours and gave the finished piece a high polish.

Nice work! To be worn with pride, I'm sure, especially carrying that hallmark - a proper 1st edition.
    Alan

Very nice to look at.
    Don't let him put it in a drawer and never wear it on the basis that it's too good for everyday use, even if it probably is.

It looks great! Wonderful polishing job