Thread: Chain!

Default Chain!

I've been paging through the loose sterling silver chain on the Cookson website for some time and feel like this: .
    I'm looking for a chain heavy enough to support a pendant approx 3.3cm in diameter but not too "chunky" looking. I try to avoid snake chain because they have a way of attaching to my hair. Any suggestions??

I get chain from Allied Gold - http://www.alliedgoldltd.com/14-chains-bracelets - they only advertise finished chains on the website, but will do loose chain if you contact them. I like their diamond cut belcher for a heavy pendant chain - I think they do it in 2.3, 2.7 and 3.2mm widths. This is what the 2.3mm looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belcher02.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	8352
    Alan

I'm really laughing here, because when I want chain, I go into Cookson or Rashbel/Bellore. Even then I often leave without buying, because the choices are so boring.

However, if you are going to do this often, you might well benefit by having minimum samples of the most likely loose chains on a card, to simplify choices in the future. Dennis.

Thanks Alan and Dennis, glad to know it's not just me!