Thread: Shawl pin!

Default Shawl pin!

I made this today when I should have been tidying the building site I'm living in. (There's a Party! here on Saturday, which is meant me be focusing me.) It needs a finish and polish but I won't have time for that until next week - and I think that the stone on the head of the pin should be bigger, so I'll remake that when I find the right stone. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150903_205547.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	8096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150903_205652.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	8097

I like the moonstone set into the wider disc but that's me. Look forward to seeing it finished Marna and maybe photographed in lovely shawl

Its good though and something new to think about.

If I had made it though, I would be nervous about the wearer loosing or mislaying the pin, because Muggins would be asked to make a replacement.

As a result I attach loose accessories with a longish chain and hope it will be Muggins considerd an attractive detail. Dennis

They dont tend to come out when wearing Dennis, but it is a good idea to attach it, from one who crochets shawls and makes the pins for them, well for mine anyway, not done one for sale yet.

That is lovely, love the design. Never thought of making shawl pins, but as I do a bit of knitting I might give it a go

Really pretty... I love the simplicity and clean lines. I agree with Caroline - I think the smaller stone set in a wider disc looks great. It looks like a little moon with Saturn-like ring orbiting an artificial planet or space station.
    Alan

I thought about a chain - and I think I'm still thinking about it! It would be practical, but might also add more fuss than I'd like?

Thank you for such lovely comments! I was a little nervous about posting something here because there's so much more amazing work. I hadn't seen the planetary vision until you mentioned it, Alan, but now that's what it looks like to me too - and I'm getting fonder of the little stone at the top now that it's a little moon.

I've sone quite a few planetary pieces this year which is probably why I like the moonstone too

Re safety and the chain it's possible if not usual to weave the pin in and out of the shawl a couple of times before it goes in the other end thus making it more secure. It would need a very long chain to allow it to function and I agree it would spoil the clean lines of the pin

Very nice like it a lot.