Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallmark excitement

Really fast Vos! I registered online on Monday night, they called me the next day and I chose my shape, paid over the phone and was told it would be ready to use from next week! This is Birmingham Assay Office, it may be different for London/Edinburgh/Sheffield.https://assayofficebirmingham.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Congratulations Julie!! I remember getting mine and it really is so thrilling, funnily enough though, I cannot specifically remember my first piece, I am pretty sure that I sent a number of pieces to make the cost more economical!! Mine is also JG at Birmingham, different shape.....obviously
    Same initials?! What is your shape?

I got mine last year but have yet to have anything hallmarked. My mother died earlier this year and am planning on using the gold from her wedding band to incorporate into some keepsakes for family as she left very little. Not decided what yet to make - will have to be something simple, but these will be my first hallmarked pieces.

Oh wow Susieq, I'm so sorry about your Mum What an incredibly special thing to do with her ring, it will mean such a lot to your family. I'd love to think I meant so much to others that someone would do that with my wedding ring

Congratulations Julie! I am planning to get one this summer for my birthday, exciting and daunting at the same time!

Congrats from me too! I'm afraid I can't remember back to 1979 but it's a nerve wracking moment making the first mark.

I've just had to renew mine Vos and it took about 3 weeks, not sure if that's the same for brand new. I was so tired with this latest batch of 36 pieces that I've had them all laser marked because I was worried I'd make a complete hash of it. Need to get my punch confidence back again:/

Quote Originally Posted by CJ57 View Post
    Congrats from me too! I'm afraid I can't remember back to 1979 but it's a nerve wracking moment making the first mark.

I've just had to renew mine Vos and it took about 3 weeks, not sure if that's the same for brand new. I was so tired with this latest batch of 36 pieces that I've had them all laser marked because I was worried I'd make a complete hash of it. Need to get my punch confidence back again:/
    Ah, so you actually mark them yourself with your own stamp? Mine stays at the assay office, I think, and is done for me. It's optional as to whether you want it sent to you or kept there. I haven't even decided yet what I'm making to bear my first mark!!!