Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ever fair!

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Default First ever fair!

I have gone and done it. Booked my first official fair at Wilton Village next month, in 15 days time. Gulp!

I have stock, printed boxes have been promised to arrive next week. Paypal card thingy, banner, business cards, hallmark sign, and things to display on. Haven't a clue if my prices are reasonable - but they are my charge for the work I have done. I do fortunately have some sales on Etsy, so this tells me I am not too far off the mark (I think).

Have no idea on how to make it all look good.

Need to do the receipt thingy without a printer as they cost a few pennies!

if it doesn't work, I will have a spare few display models and a paypal unit up for grabs! lol

Very best of luck Wallace. I hope we will see the pics and hear your stories in due course....

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

thank you Steve, oh pictures... will have to remember that one.

I really enjoy the shows we attend.I find lights are very important.I have a few spotlights from Ikea at £10 a go and they look good and highlight special pieces.Also lots of cards/postcards(good old Vistaprint).I spend a lot of time talking to people and it sometimes feels like a waste of time but business info is taken and orders sometimes come in straight after the show or months afterwards.I feel by going to the shows people can see your work as photo's never seem to do it full justice.Also I think customers seem to want different and more individual work now and your work is so good I'm sure if will fly off the table.Very best of luck.

Emailed receipts work well Wallace - and as most people have smartphones now, it seems, it usually arrives pretty instantly.

And good luck!! I hate doing events now, and avoid them as much as possible

I've not checked what the mobile signal is like in Wilton.

I shall, of course, come along (please remind me closer to the time!!!); I can bring the camera too if you need. Oh, and if you get stuck - LMK, I'm not a huge distance away from there. Extension leads, blown bulbs, all the sorts of things that are a PITA when you're on site.

Good luck Wallace My family on my mother's side all live not too far away (Amesbury area) so I will try get them to come along. If I were visiting I would drop in too but unfortunately I live near leeds so a bit too far for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes lighting really important and remember lots to drink as you'll speak to a lot of people. Have you got anyone to take with you, sometimes nice to have company if you get busy or if you need a break. That's why I only do OS as I can go to another room for 5 mins, speak to the cat and calm myself hope you enjoy the experience more than anything else x

I should take Peter up on his offer. Wishing you lots of luck with the show.

Like George, I'm all showed out now. I've sold all my display stuff, so that's definitely it for me. I do remember how excited I used to get though before a show!