Thread: Polishing Porch

Default Polishing Porch

It doesn't take a lot but I'm very excited by my new polishing porch. We don't like the dust, dirt and noise in the studio so we can now do the polishing away from where we work. I have a little Henry who extracts all the dust from both the polisher and the Jooltool.

As for the Jooltool, I'm loving it! It grinds things brilliantly and has a wheel that sort of burnishes which is great for the backs of pieces and the edges of bangles and rings. The polishing of small flat things and curved things like rings and bangles is every bit as good as my Foredom polishing motor and things don't get more than a little warm. I can polish things with no finger protection at all.

It's not so great though for the backs of the long flat strips that I use for making anticlastic bangles or for the bangles once they're formed. That's fine though as they're very easy to hold and polish on the Foredom.

My main problem was that small things get too hot to handle with the polishing motor and that problem has now been solved - yay!

Since I've had it, it's been used lots and lots and I wouldn't want to part with it. It feels well made and quite substantial, so I would say I thoroughly recommend it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	6766

Looks like a new chapter in your life Carole. Three cheers for the polishing porch. Dennis.

Oooh Carole, How lovely to have a specific area to contain the dust and dirt!!! (just slightly envious )

Looks like a great setup Carole and very professional.