Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've lost the one thing that keeps me sane

Default I've lost the one thing that keeps me sane

As title suggests, I've lost the one thing that keeps me sane - my work bench.
    We moved house just last week and my poor work bench has just been un boxed and littered every where, such a mess! I need to rip out the old units here before deciding where everything goes and setting up a new work space. This will take a while and bad timing too with xmas just around the corner! Thankfully I still have the lovely people on this forum to help keep me going, albeit on limited internet access using a mobile phone as a hot spot hooked up to the laptop.
    If anyone has any great space saving ideas that I can incorporate into my new work space, I'd love to hear them! I've already decided on getting a corner desk as I think that's one good way to save floor space. Ideas needed =D
    Sian Williamson

Good luck with setting up again Sian. The sound of filing and sawing will soothe you. Dennis.

Not sure about space saving ideas, mine seems to be full of clutter!

Cheers Dennis, I'll need it for sure Don't know where to start with it all, the whole house needs loads of work done and not just paint - actual remodelling work, eeekk. Lol Enigma =D
    Sian Williamson

No bench Keia......torture!!!! Sending you a hug sounds like very exciting times for you!!!

Thanks Tabby It is quite exciting and stressful, but I'm sure I'll feel better when everything stops being just an idea and actually start to progress
    Sian Williamson

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

hope it gets sorted soon. Wall mounted things help.

Like Wallace said, perhaps put up a load of simple cheap shelves to keep you going, at least then if your work surface/space is small you can keep it uncluttered to be able to work. IF they are hight enough they can stay up until you sort out the "bottom part" of your workspace. You can then re-organise as you get more sorted and move shelves etc.

I need shelves too.... my bench(es) are far too cluttered...
    Carin Lindberg

Camali Design
    www.camalidesign.com

I'm ordering a bench on Mon after the internets been sorted so I'll be pulling out the broken old units that's currently taking up that space over this weekend. Hopefully I can reuse some of the units in the rest of the work space to keep costs down, any units beyond repair will be salvaged to make shelves with. Its moving in the right direction now atleast =)
    Sian Williamson

I put in solid walls of kitchen cupboards for storage purely because they hold a huge amount of stuff you don't use every day and they keep the dust from the polisher out. In fact even if I'm not polishing, sandpaper and the like create a huge amount of dust!