Thread: Grs double third hand soldering station

Default Grs double third hand soldering station

Hi,
    Would any one have ( or know somebody ) who has a grs double third hand soldering station for sale, I currently use a small cheap third Hand which is very restrictive and think the time has come to update to something more efficient / versatile and practical.

Thank you

John

I have one, but rarely use the hands - I still prefer my cheap old one, which has a normal tweezer and is easy to quench rather than the alligator clips that come on the GRS one.

The board itself is nice enough, but I'm not convinced it was one of my better investments.

You can buy single third hands on a heavy base made by GRS from either Walsh or Suttons. Buying two of them can work out significantly cheaper and give you greater flexibility than buying the double soldering station. I agree with george that you don't really need a GRS third hand for most tasks, but I've found they do come in handy when precise and firm positioning of two objects relative to one another is required. Custom-made titanium clamps are an alternative solution for precise positioning and firm work-holding.