Thread: Propane cylinder for Sievert torch

Default Propane cylinder for Sievert torch

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Sievert torch from Hamilton Gas Products and am wondering if the 3.9kg cylinder from Flogas would work with the connections provided. £44 is an average price for this, right? Unfortunately, I can't put up a link to the product just yet as I'm a newbie.

The instructions with the torch say I would need an 11kg, 19kg or 47kg cylinder, but think they would be massive.

I left my Orca torch where I lived before, and it just ran on a small, blue, camping gas cylinder, so this is a bit new to me.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Default Propane cylinder for Sievert torch

Yes the 3.9kg should be fine, it is what I use. The price seems a bit steep - I paid £36 of which £21 is returnable deposit on the cylinder, the actual gas contents is £15 (refill cost).

I bought mine from the local Agricultural supplies company - they tend to be cheapest.

To be double sure take the connector with you and check it fits the cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BarryM; 01-09-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

It's always worth checking your local recycling centre (formerly known as the dump) - they often have cheap cylinders - which can save a lot as you don't have to pay that initial deposit. Doesn't matter if it's the right type - Flogas will happily exchange an old butane or patiogas cylinder for propane in my experience.

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

Good idea, never thought of that and the recycling centre is only 10 minutes away. Too late now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Thanks guys, just what I thought. I'll see if anyone can drive me to the local dump!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410099647.592365.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	6556

Got the 3.9kg cylinder. Now to start working!