Thread: Hello :)

Default Hello :)

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Paul in Glasgow. Was studying in Barcelona, but had to come back a couple of months ago and am setting up a wee studio at home. Bit lost with the jewellery scene here - anyone from Glasgow about?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul welcome to the forum.
    I'm across in Fife and haven't been aware of any Glaswegians on here since I joined, in fact I'm only aware of a couple of people north of the border posting at all. I know of one or two on FB

Oh that's a shame. I've started a wee course to keep my hands on bigger tools, and was amazed to find out that Scotland doesn't have any casters? The only, or main one, is in Birmingham and you have to send your stuff down by mail?
    I'll get in to the rhythm of things soon I hope. What do you make?

I'm not sure that's true about casters, I'm on an Edinburgh forum on FB and someone was asking recently, I'll check and get back to you

Cheers, that would be great.

Had a scroll back and the only post I found said that they used Niagara Falls which I know some people on here also use with good results. I was sure I had seen another one but you'll find there are a lot of services that aren't provided in Scotland. That forum is a good one to be on for local knowledge though, if you are a FBer I could ask about joining. I originally thought it was for those Edinburgh trained or based but have recently seen the Glasgow based speaking about a get together

That would be great actually, could you give me the name of the group to ask about joining?

Quote Originally Posted by paul.ad View Post
    That would be great actually, could you give me the name of the group to ask about joining?
    Yes of course it's The Alchemists, have just looked and I could add you if you want to pm me
    Last edited by CJ57; 01-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Default Hello :)

Yeah, how can I PM you on Facebook?
    Last edited by paul.ad; 01-09-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.ad View Post
    ....... and was amazed to find out that Scotland doesn't have any casters?....
    Probably don't get any more scottish than these
    We're retiring to Perthshire in a few (6) years, assuming they don't do anything stupid in the next few weeks