Thread: Best way to polish fired silver clay….

Question Best way to polish fired silver clay….

Can anyone advise me on how to polish my silver clay pieces to get a professional finish? I use metal clays 3 stage polish pads, which have always bee great, however I get little scratches on my pieces and they don't look very professional

is there any detail on the pieces? If so you need to be careful because PMC is pure silver which is soft (unless it's the new sterling clay I suppose). I tend to tumble my pieces and then use radial wheels and careful use of polishing compounds but then they are also designed to look a bit rough.

After polishing they will get scratched with wear. It's just one of those things with them.

I make imprint jewellery. I have seen other peoples and their finish is SO flawless, I just wondered how they did it! Thank you for your advice. would it be possible to see one of your finished pieces as an example please? x

These are mine: http://gentle-medusa.com/Resources/s...uchfinesa.jpeg

Like I said though, I don't really go for the slick polished look. With PMC the best thing is to get the finish as perfect as possible ~before~ firing.