Thread: Workbench

Default Workbench

I'm looking for a portable workbench to put in our new cabin as my workbenches are all 3ins thick and attached to the walls of my workshop. The only one I can find which looks nice and is functional with storage necessary because of where it's going, is this from Rio Grande. http://www.riogrande.com/Product/Sta...h/113449?Pos=8. The price is so much cheaper for a far higher standard than those on sale at the usual places, and they call it their standard. Not being cheeky Cookson but your standard doesn't come anywhere near.
    OH said he would build me a basic but as he's dug up a quarter of the garden cut down trees lifted shrubs and is about to move the greenhouse before he even starts building the whopping 'shed' I think I would like to treat myself after all the stress Doesanyone know of anywhere here that sells something similar for £209!?mi realise there is shipping and taxes when it gets here but anything comparable I've seen is about 600

Last item on this page Caroline - http://www.wnealservices.com/acatalo...rkbenches.html - it's the same bench as the Rio one. For the price (though I see they've gone up quite a bit since I got my last one), I would highly recommend. Very easy to put together and the top was just deep enough to take my benchmate stuff.

They look great George. In fact I've just ordered a couple for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Last item on this page Caroline - http://www.wnealservices.com/acatalo...rkbenches.html - it's the same bench as the Rio one. For the price (though I see they've gone up quite a bit since I got my last one), I would highly recommend. Very easy to put together and the top was just deep enough to take my benchmate stuff.
    Ooh thanks George, that's great. It didn't matter how many times I did a search they didn't come up. Will take measurements and do some planning now

Glad to help! They've never come up on any searches for me either, but at one point they had a couple on ebay, which is how I found the company and kept it bookmarked.

My new bench arrived today and when I unpacked it the drawer was out of it's runner which was half attached and one shelf in the tool drawer was loose on one side.
    I emailed to report it and said although I could repair it I did expect it to arrive in perfect condition. Their response, an apology and the comment that they too would expect things to arrive perfectly and to contact them again once it was built if there was anything else. Nothing like customer goodwill for a £270 spend.

Mine have been assembled now too but there were no instructions with either or them. Did you get instructions Caroline?

Apart from that, I'm very happy with them. In fact, I'm about to order another!

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    Mine have been assembled now too but there were no instructions with either or them. Did you get instructions Caroline?

Apart from that, I'm very happy with them. In fact, I'm about to order another!
    No instructions Carole, it would have been helpful, we walked away swearing from it this afternoon having decided to build it anyway just in case something else was wrong. I think it's like an ikea chest of drawers and has to be built upside down, just couldn't get a screw to align the right way up. Off to have another go at it my way this time!

I just thought that as there were repairs to be done to it he might just have taken a few pounds off as a goodwill gesture