Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made some shiny things

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Tingle View Post
    Those are fantastic! Are they done by wax casting? (It's something I'm still scared to try!)
    Quite a bit is casting. The masters for the teacup and the biscuits were carved from green wax and cast into silver. The custard cream and bourbon biscuits I had the writing deep laser engraved on by the London Assay Office, then I had moulds made of them.

The little clouds and sunshine originals were made by piercing and filing from silver sheet, then moulding and casting, and the ring parts are just made from good old fashioned hammering of silver wire round a triblet!

Don't be scared! Wax carving is only something I've started trying out recently and I need a lot more practice. It's a bit messy, but at least if you bugger something up the materials were cheap!

Very sweet!

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the idea of the stacking weather rings and the use of colour, and as for the biscuits... Well now I want a custard cream!

Lucy

Wow, I ♥ the little biscuits. Just shared on fb as strangely enough, I know a few folk at Mcvities

love love love especially the weather rings

Those weather rings are awesome! I really love them. Will they be on sale in your shop?

Love them all. My favourite is the jammy dodger.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    Those weather rings are awesome! I really love them. Will they be on sale in your shop?
    They will, if I can ever get the website to work properly! So close, but so many last minute glitches when getting the boy to test it.

Thanks all for the nice comments

Need to decide what to make next, now that I've finished all (well, most) of the projects on my bench!