Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2014 Theme Competition

I'd like to attach my project for this month - tomorrow I'm off to the seaside in South Devon which is why I chose the sea for my holiday theme! To be totally honest this came within moments of being thrown into my scrap heap more than once. I only continued on because I thought all the soldering and using different levels of solder was good practice and experience even if the pendant was horrid. I really felt the limitations of my little torch with this and resorted to building little kilns using charcoal to increase the heat. In the end I thought (hopefully) it didn't look too bad after all and decided to enter it here anyway, as well as not wanting to break my resolution to have an entry each month. The pendant is made of silver with pierced fishes, starfish and bubbles, some of which are backed by textured brass. The silver body of the piece was scored and folder over along the edges to make a box shape which gives it its thicker appearance. It is by far the most unusual item I've created but it was definitely a very educational piece. (If I am able before I leave on holiday I will try to take a better photo, it is actually much shinier than it appears here for some reason.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holidaypendant.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	6439
    Last edited by Sandra; 25-07-2014 at 09:47 PM.

WoW Sandra,.....that is a rather special piece methinks!!! I love it!!!

Yes I love it too. Which part of South Devon did you go to. I live in Exeter but was born and brought up in Teignmouth, well thats not quite true, I was born in Torquay, but as a breech birth, in those days Teignmouth hospital wasnt equipped for out of the ordinary.

Here's my bit of holiday frivolity. Every time I go to the beach I come home with pocketfuls of shells and sea glass and pebbles. I always tell myself I should do *something* with them - and this month's theme finally inspired me to do it. So this is my beachcomber's cuff: sterling silver wire, shells, sea glass, freshwater pearls, aquamarine, labradorite, glass seed beads, and one wee silver seashell.

Name:	Beachcomber's Cuff 005 ed sm.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	6450

Great entries again this month, love your seascape pendant Sandra!

Hi all,

thanks for all your beautiful entries!

Our judging panel will have a look and decide on a winner.

Keep an eye on this thread for the announcement.

In the meantime, why not enter our July competition? The theme is...animals!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Jemima

Hi all,

I am happy to announce the winner of the July Themed competition is Wallace with the below entry

Name:	wallace.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	6456

The judges said: “It fits the theme well. Its well finished and its very cute

Wallace, please email me (jemima.joy@cooksongold.com) with your contact details and Cooksongold account number (if you have one) and i will arrange for your prize to be sorted.

Once again, congratulations Wallace!

Well done Wallace.