Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2014 Themed Competition

Default June 2014 Themed Competition

June 14 Competition Theme: Natural World

Post your themed pieces within this thread with a little bit about the design and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month!

The Winner will WIN a £100 shopping spree.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.06.2014. The winner will win a £100 inc. VAT shopping spree at Cooksongold.

The judging process will take place by 04.07.2014. Our Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cooksongold customers aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per category per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cooksongold reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 04.07.2014.

Employees of Cooksongold, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cooksongold.

I'd like to be the first to enter June's "natural world" competition! When I read the theme my first thought was sealife, so I decided on a seahorse as I have always loved them. The pendant is about the size of a two pence coin (I used the coin as a guide to make sure it was perfectly round)
    You can't really tell by the photo but the seaweed is in the forefront and the seahorse is set in the back. This pendant is also my first experience with Keum Boo! I used gold leaf and a hot plate and had to use many layers to build it up but in the end it turned out as I wanted it. I textured the seahorse using a hammer and punches prior to the Keum Boo but it's a bit hard to see on the picture. I can't wait to try out some gold foil next time around! I had actually spent many hours designing and creating a fancy wavy bail for this, but after attaching it I thought it detracted too much from the pendant itself so just added a basic bail made of d-wire.

I tried to get fancy with my photography, not sure if it works but here it is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1seahorsependant.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	6229 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seahorse.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	6233
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-06-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Added another picture

That's very sweet Sandra. Is it cut out - can't quite make it out?

Thanks Carol, the seahorse is cut from silver sheet and the seaweed is made of wire and all soldered to a ring made of D-wire. Does the picture enlarge when you click on it?

The picture's quite large Sandra but I can't quite make out whether you can see right through it or whether it's backed with silver.

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post
    The picture's quite large Sandra but I can't quite make out whether you can see right through it or whether it's backed with silver.
    I sorry didn't understand what you meant lol! You can see right through it, no backing! I've attached another picture now that I think shows it better.
    Last edited by Sandra; 08-06-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Ah, I can see it now. Lovely.

That's really lovely Sandra, I really like it!!

Beautiful work Sandra

Ooh I like it lots!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk