Thread: Hi, new to forums generally!

Default Hi, new to forums generally!

Hi

I am Ally, a passionate silversmith for the last 2 or 3 years. I run a small etsy shop and make and sell a few pieces of jewellery a month, from my small workshop (which is atually my old childhood bedroom!)

I am completely obsessed with working with sterling silver, and with Cooksongold where I buy the majority of my bullion and tools.

Unfortunately I have to do the 'day job' to pay the bills, but as soon as I retire this will be my full time hobby/business.

I have never drafted a forum post in my life, so this is all new to me. I often read the posts on here though and learn so much from you all. Looking forward to sharing knowledge with evryone.

I do have a question to kick off - do I put it here, or do I find a category or something ..... help I have no idea!?

Ally

Welcome to the forum Ally,
    For your first question there are sections on the forum lists such as "question time" or " need help? ask the experts! ".

James

Welcome Ally. Don't worry too much about forum etiquette - you'll soon find your way round. In the meantime, just jump in!

Hi Ally, It only seems like yesterday that I joined my first forum (was actually 2 or 3 years ago) and it's almost second nature now. You'll soon pick it up.

Welcome BTW
    Elaine at Mead Moon
    Mead Moon
    My Etsy shop

Hello and welcome !

Hi and welcome from me. We're quite a friendly bunch on here and there are a lot of really talented people who will do their best to answer your questions.

Hi and welcome from me too!

Hi Ally. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here - lots of helpful chatty folk