Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two recent items..

Default Two recent items..

The photos arent great, apologies, but heres two pieces that I finished the other day after experimenting with copper.

The ball part on the pendant is meant to be a little oval before anyone jumps on me, as it lends itself to the curve of the silver part

Thanks for looking and for all the great advice of late!

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ring.jpg   Pendant.jpg  

Good results, Nick and a very individual style. Trouble is it's really screaming to be gold not copper:-). Dennis

Strange you should say that Dennis, because I was thinking exactly the same. I have never worked with gold because silver is cheaper, but I would love to get some gold wire to blend in with the silver on some chainmaille. I have to say I dont like making chainmaille, but it does seem to be popular and sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Good results, Nick and a very individual style. Trouble is it's really screaming to be gold not copper:-). Dennis

Thanks Dennis, although while I'm still learning and honing my skills ( does it ever stop? ) as opposed to earning a living from making jewellery then the cost of working with gold is a bit prohibitive at the moment.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick martin View Post
    Thanks Dennis, although while I'm still learning and honing my skills ( does it ever stop? ) as opposed to earning a living from making jewellery then the cost of working with gold is a bit prohibitive at the moment.

Nick
    It's not cheap, but it has dropped a good %age recently!

Until one is in the upper echelons of jewellers, things have to be affordable and if you used gold you'd have to charge a lot and unless you have a market for it, I'd stick with copper for now.

Very nice Nick, my favourite is the flower, though I like both pieces. Your sphere has come up really well too. Are you pleased with how it came out?
    Jules

Thanks for your nice comments Jules, and yes I am. After the advice on here about soldering the copper spheres from the inside, it made life a whole lot easier ( neater ) although the doming part still needs careful attention as you will know already.

I rarely drink, never smoked, and never tried drugs... however Im feeling that jewellery creation is possibly more addictive than all of them put together and Im thoroughly enjoying myself!

Nick

Its a good feeling when something goes as well as expected, isn't it.

Ahh, well if you don't drink, smoke or do drugs, then you'll have spare ££'s to spend on tools and other goodies. One of the things I have learnt is to go on a mini course to try as many things out first, before spending money on tools you don't really need.
    Jules

Nick, I like them both, especialy the texture on the pendant is great, how did you achieve this.