Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nylon jaw snipe-nose pliers

Possibly - is that 98 62 02 http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1...92&artID=32152 ?

Might be a little big, although it's difficult to tell for certain. The Swanstroms might be useful (albeit more expensive).

The pics of the Eurotools ones seem to use 2 plastic screws rather than 1 metal one (as on mine). Is there a UK stockist of them?
    Last edited by ps_bond; 19-06-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Palmer metals usually have a reasonable range of Eurotools stuff Peter - not sure if they've got these in stock, but they may be able to get them for you.

Might be a little big, although it's difficult to tell for certain.
    Yup that's the ones Peter, I have a set that I have ground the ends for inserting diodes, very strong considering they are coated GRP. Although a little bulky for Rings I'd imagine they are easily reformed to suit

best wishes

Dave

I'm not a prong person, but it seems to me that guarded pliers are too bulky and inclined to slip and get out of shape adjusting prongs. My amateur approach would be to find or make a well fitting pronged or slotted tool for this (even a leather beveller, if one fits).

Something like that already exists as a prong lifter, Cookson 999CAM and could possibly work with an added vertical slot. Dennis.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I have that blue sticky stuff and have never used it. Perhaps I should get it out of my cupboard of darkness and try it out.