Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone a Dr Who fan?

Default Anyone a Dr Who fan?

Did ya just watch the season finale? OMG looking forward to November and so glad they got around actually having to say his name, would have taken a bit of the magic away. Still reckon bring back Russell T Davies and David Tennant! Best doctor ever! yes even out of all the old ones too....
    Tasha
    X
    www.truffleandpodge.co.uk

LOVE LIKE YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Definately NOT, got a hubby thats transfixed by Startrek, and .........Generation, get a real life. You can tell how interested I am as I dont even know the names of the program. Not a little boy chap either, a burly 60 year old ex army lorry driver who drives 15mtr long artics. Lol.

Definitely am! Love Dr Who, all of the Star Treks and Stargate. The thing I love about Dr Who is that you can watch it as an 8 or 80 (no I'm not!) year old and still find it a good show. I agree about David Tennant too, but this ones growing on me.

Sonia
    x

yay another who head! lol he is growing on me a little bit but he lacks the charisma to make his threats to the baddies seem plausible. David was so good at that! I'm also not a major fan of the direction it's going in since Russell left his story lines were epic and there's a feeling that it's impossible to fill his boots. I am such a geek i have a signed (by Russell) Dr Who the writers tale. How sad is that?

Tasha
    X
    P.s Pat you don't know what you're missing! lol X
    Tasha
    X

I think part of the problem is the ante has been upped too many times - once you've thwarted the end of the universe once, it's a bit difficult to top that. Oh, and the constant use of the sonic screwdriver as the Deus Ex Machina.
    Still, Saturday's was the best of the recent ones; quite enjoyed the Cybermen one too. I was amused about some of the complaints about the Cybermen ripping off the Borg in Star Trek... The cybermen predate the Borg by quite a long way!

I do wonder if the (usually) improved special effects are at the expense of the writing though.

Definitely get where you're coming from with the writing Peter, it all seems to revolve around some big explosion or effect and the tying up of the story seems rushed with a not particularly well thought out surprise escape lol. Like i said BRING BACK RUSSELL!

X
    Tasha
    X

I'd go back a bit further than that - Terry Nation, Terrance Dicks (although I like Gaiman's writing and, of course, Douglas Adams).
    That pretty much tells you which Doctor I grew up with

Have to say i'm a big lover of Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels
    X
    Tasha
    X

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

I just cant get the Dr Who song out of my head every time I read the title of this thread.

Tom Baker - with the writers of Little Britain creating an episode... would be bally good! I haven't seen much of this chappie. Watched the very affable Mr Tennant with his English accent and thought he did a fine job of changing after the loss of that lovely Mr Eccleston doing a marvellous job of rebooting the Who man...

just doing the Dalek right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I just cant get the Dr Who song out of my head every time I read the title of this thread.

Tom Baker - with the writers of Little Britain creating an episode... would be bally good! I haven't seen much of this chappie. Watched the very affable Mr Tennant with his English accent and thought he did a fine job of changing after the loss of that lovely Mr Eccleston doing a marvellous job of rebooting the Who man...

just doing the Dalek right now.....
    Pmsl Wallace that song has been stuck in my head for months since i decided to torture the O/H with it, think it backfired on me! Did you ever see the Dr Who confidential with Matt Smith & James Corden? Hilarious! ooh will find the link Brb X
    Tasha
    X