Thread: Best place for newbie to buy cabochons please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best place for newbie to buy cabochons please?

Hi everyone, I have just made my first ring using a 8mm iolite cabochon that I got from ebay (2 for £2,50) tumbled it at the end and the colour came out of the gemstone so lesson learnt there. I am really clueless in knowing where to buy cabochons that are not too expensive whilst I am on the new learning curve, Can anyone help me please? Thanks so much!

A good place for cheap Cabs is Manchester Minerals; http://www.manchesterminerals.co.uk you will have to register before you can see their prices, but to give you an idea an 8mm. round Amethyst cab costs £2.04. inc. Vat. all types of real stones all sizes at good prices.

James

Thanks James. really nice to have somewhere recommended. Off to take a peek cheers!

Try Kernocraft too, they are quite cheap and the stones are really good.

Best bet is always to try to get to a rock n gem show, where you can actually see before you buy. You can get some real bargains as well. Especially if you're happy to be a bit creative about settings and don't mind slightly imperfect stones.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Best bet is always to try to get to a rock n gem show, where you can actually see before you buy. You can get some real bargains as well. Especially if you're happy to be a bit creative about settings and don't mind slightly imperfect stones.
    Next one is at Kempton Park racecourse this weekend