Hi Folks
I have been supplying a gallery on a sale or return basis for a few months.We agreed that she would put 100% on my wholesale prices and she has sold some bits. She said there was a price limit on what she could sell so I made my prices really competitive and even let her have one and a lower price than I sell for at craft fairs and Artist open house events. I didn't even increase my prices for getting things hallmarked to kept it competitive. This weekend I happened to be near the gallery and as owner doesn't work on Sun I popped in to see what pieces she had on display. She had got them priced up at 150 and 200% increase on my prices. This makes some of them above her ceiling prices. I supply the items and when she eventutally sells items she makes a huge profit and she has had no initial outlay. I am thinking about getting my things back and looking for another venue. This is the first gallery I have put my work in and as I was new she would only do it sale or return. Has anyone else had this happen? I feel I am being exploited.