Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: October Theme Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
    Attachment 3991

Today my parents are celebrating 28 years of marriage, and I have made them this autumnal inspired leaf ring as part of my gift to them; I noticed the leaf themed competition and thought I would enter my sterling silver hand pierced/engraved band, size S.
    That's a very professional piece of work Nathaniel, from the design and the smart square edges, to the crisp engraving. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Keia View Post
    Hi babette,
    Like you, I also feel very intimidated by the competition. But it's all part of the fun I suppose, especially as some of us are still learning & quite new to the proffession. Your tree of life is very beautiful, I've always envied those that can wirewrap like that because I never have the patience for it myself. You can certainly see all the work that's gone into it!

Keia and Babette, I also know how you feel. I look at some of the pieces on here and I feel that my work is totally inadequate in comparison. However, the feedback I get from people "in the know" is invaluable to me because it helps me improve. It's also really great to feel that other people can see the potential inside of me that I know I have.

You both do beautiful work and I, for one, look forwards to seeing more of you work on here

Off to bed now, as both kids asleep for once!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Cerflun Designs View Post
    Keia and Babette, I also know how you feel. I look at some of the pieces on here and I feel that my work is totally inadequate in comparison. However, the feedback I get from people "in the know" is invaluable to me because it helps me improve. It's also really great to feel that other people can see the potential inside of me that I know I have.

You both do beautiful work and I, for one, look forwards to seeing more of you work on here

Off to bed now, as both kids asleep for once!

xxx
    Thank you. I had a look at your photo album and I think your work is stunning! I admire everyone who work with any metals and I wish one day I could do such a beautiful pieces... So far everything I saw on that forum had took my breath away, the precision and accuracy put into work - its just amazing!
    I am mostly working with wire so literally I am jealous when I see the amazing jewellery on here...
    Babette

Quote Originally Posted by Cerflun Designs View Post
    That is a beautiful ring, Nathanael. I'm sure they are absolutely thrilled with it; I know I would be!
    Thank you very much, the're very happy with it yes. I love your Leaf pendant, a very well done piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's a very professional piece of work Nathaniel, from the design and the smart square edges, to the crisp engraving. Dennis.
    Thank you Dennis your comment is greatly appreciated.

Wow - love all of those pieces - the tree of life has such lovely color variations, I think it is fab!

Have I missed the announcement or was it send by private message to the winner ???
    Babette

No Babette, I think the judges are still deliberating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    No Babette, I think the judges are still deliberating.
    Well it's a very difficult choice to make. I think everyone deserves to win ;-)

Oh I was worried for a bit that I've missed the announcement
    Babette