Thread: I had a dream...

Default I had a dream...

Although not quite to Martin Luther King Jr standards

But i did mention my dream to my friend, it was about a design for her jewellery for her wedding, which she has now asked me to make for her as she thinks its a lovely idea.

I have never ever dreamt about designs or ideas, have you? how do you normally get your insperation. because all the bits and bobs ive made have been for family they normally tell me what they want so have never had to really think about it

Toni x

As I live in a city, I get them on tubes and buses, but the final idea is in my head as I wake up in the morning. Did I dream it? Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    As I live in a city, I get them on tubes and buses, but the final idea is in my head as I wake up in the morning. Did I dream it? Dennis.
    I must admit that the idea develops as the day progresses, the original design came from a dream, but its probably going to change as i make it.

I drive every where being away from the city, so driving and drawing i dont think is a good idea Toni

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    I have never ever dreamt about designs or ideas, have you? how do you normally get your insperation. Toni x

Hi Toni,
    I often do 'mood boards' or just sit and doodle, some times I do come up with doodle mood boards - a collection of my sketches. I am no great artist, but can put from concept to design (even a simple drawing to get the gist works).

Sometimes though, although I have thought something through, the design in reality may be off a little. I have had dreams that help me resolve it. For instance the first pic

Attachment 3885the bail design was a tear drop to match the pendant....... but that wasn't right... it looked odd and unfinished. I went to sleep on it (not literally, as that might have been painful) but woke up, knowing what I wanted to do.

What did I do??? I could have takent the red labradorite and blue 1.5mm topaz out - but that would have been fiddley, so I made a bale with a hidden cold connection and replicated one of the mounts to set in another blue topaz at the top instead.... I think sleeping on it and dreaming about what was needed.

Attachment 3886
    Last edited by Wallace; 02-10-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Hi Toni,
    I often do 'mood boards' or just sit and doodle, some times I do come up with doodle mood boards - a collection of my sketches. I am no great artist, but can put from concept to design (even a simple drawing to get the gist works).

Sometimes though, although I have thought something through, the design in reality may be off a little. I have had dreams that help me resolve it. For instance the first pic

Attachment 3885the bail design was a tear drop to match the pendant....... but that wasn't right... it looked odd and unfinished. I went to sleep on it (not literally, as that might have been painful) but woke up, knowing what I wanted to do.

What did I do??? I could have takent the red labradorite and blue 1.5mm topaz out - but that would have been fiddley, so I made a bale with a hidden cold connection and replicated one of the mounts to set in another blue topaz at the top instead.... I think sleeping on it and dreaming about what was needed.

Attachment 3886
    Hi,

Interesting to actually see how sleep helped

I have yet to implement the idea from dream to paper to an actual proto type ill endevor to show you when i do

Toni x

Not quite inspired by a dream, but I'm going to start work on something that's inspired by our bedroom net curtains.
    Sian Williamson

I've woken up during the night a couple of times and not been able to sleep again until I sketched the idea that had woken me up. Only one of these designs has been attempted so far and it came out pretty close to what I sketched.

Occassionally I'll have an idea when driving - so difficult to keep it in mind until I can get somewhere that I can sketch it out.

Had an idea while walking into the office this morning for my day job, and managed to hold on to it long enough to get to my desk and make a quick sketch.

If only I could remember to transfer all these random sketches into my sketch book - or just remember to carry my sketch book around!
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

This has happened to me only once - couldn't get to sleep as I had a design floating round my head. Had to get up and draw it before I could sleep but I've yet to put it together!

see when i get an idea, i tend to have to make it. ive made the one in my dream, although it needs practice. im quite impressed.