Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm a newbie

Smile Hi I'm a newbie

Hi guys,

I'm Jewel, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all of you. Just a bit of a background, I'm an avid collector of Shamballa bracelets, necklaces and other fashion jewelry. I dream of designing my own jewelry someday, but first I need to learn about jewelry design. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum, tips, ideas about jewelry design, so hope you guys can help me out. 0

Sorry Jewel, we detest Shambala bracelets on here. We all like to make our own jewellery.

True, Carole - but in this particular case Jewel's IP address shows her to be a lot closer to home than our usual spammers, so I'm hoping that she isn't one of that lot.

Jewel, if you want to learn about making jewellery we're only too happy to help; we've had a number of people join whose interests have been more focussed on trying to tout commercially manufactured jewellery which isn't what we're here for.

I hope you're right Peter, but the non-UK spelling and keyword placement would suggest we're just waiting for a signature to appear....

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    ...non-UK spelling...
    I'm losing the plot here - I had to go back and re-read it to see it! Clearly I'm spending too much time dealing with colony-sourced documents

(and now I'm wondering about the link between colony and colon... Hic, haec, hoc)

Well, there you go. Colony comes from colere (to inhabit), colon (punctuation) from colon (part of a poem) while colon (intestine) is from the Greek kolon.
    Fun with etymology...

I claim to know jewellery.... obviously not, what is a Shamballa bracelet???? Enlighten me

I wish I'd never asked....if I was to say I have radio Cornwall on who are discusing metal health as I view Shamballa-uk you get my view...........