Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi From USA -Texas

Hi Janet, I wish I could have a dedicated workshop type space, at the moment the soldering and tumbling and bench peg is in the kitchen. Wire work gets done in the sitting room. Photography in the dining room. Maybe one day.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum, please ignore my grouching and I hope you new studio is ready for use soon.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Hi Janet & welcome

Hope the new studio is ready soon - mine will be out of action for about a month over the summer and I know I'll be impatient to get it back up and running again. Although it's nothing as sophisticated as some on here - at the moment, it's a workshop / office in the spare room - we're making a big move down South in the summer and I've no idea what I'll be improvising with then...

Di-Thank You so much for the warm Welcome.I know what you mean about melting glass. My first bead was perfect,I got so excited that it was round. lol Then tried to make another and well, it went its own way. It fought me and it won. lol I was ready to give up. But then I wouldn't give in.I practiced and practiced and finally got it descent. But it took a while. I notice your beautiful cuffs and they are outstanding.

Anne- Thank you for the warm Welcome too. I do appreciate it.
    Louisella 76- Thank you too for the warm Welcome. Hope your new move goes great for you. Spare rooms make great workshops/office. Thats what I'm doing to one of my spare rooms. Its nothing fancy but its mine to enjoy.
    Last edited by Janetlee; 08-06-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: fix typo

I knew there was something else I was going to ask you, whereabouts in Texas are you? My brother and his family is currently in Austin.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by snow_imp View Post
    I knew there was something else I was going to ask you, whereabouts in Texas are you? My brother and his family is currently in Austin.
    I live in the West Texas Panhandle , of Amarillo,Tx. Austin is 12 hours,south away from me. I live in what our country calls "Tornado Alley" part of Tx.We are 8 hrs away from Dallas. Our sunsets are beautiful. Its flat land , ranch land, oil land and cattle land, except for our beautiful canyon. We have the second largest canyon(Palo Duro Canyon) in the country, the first one being The Grand Canyon in Arizonia. The muscial "Texas" is played in the canyon. Perhaps you have heard of our musical.
    We also have the famous" Caddillac Ranch" . Where Stanley Marsh III (wealthy Cattleman and oilman here) buried new Caddillacs from 1950-59 into the ground nose down.Its not far from me. People from all over the world come to see the Caddillac Ranch and the muscial "Texas".
    I was born here and raised here. I have lived in other parts of the country, but there is no place like home. My daughter recently moved to Dallas and was asked what part of Tx she was from. Cause she said Yes Sir. and Yes Ma'm.And yes we do have the Tx drawl. And say Howdy and Ya"ll. lol

Hi Janetlee
    I've really enjoyed reading your responses to your welcomes!! Chatty, friendly and interesting!! I look forwards to hearing lots from you!!
    Tabby xx

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

and a belated hello from me too Janetlee

sorry, have been a tad busy of late so.....

my workspace is my old dining room but I have a new desk coming so will have to do the same as Cornelius (Kwant) and make a bigger space very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    Hi Janetlee
    I've really enjoyed reading your responses to your welcomes!! Chatty, friendly and interesting!! I look forwards to hearing lots from you!!
    Tabby xx
    Thank you very much, Tabby. I do appreciate it. I do tend to get chatty sometime. lol
    Everyone always ask me about Tx. Which I love telling about and sharing.
    Wallace- I appreciate the Welcome also. Thank you. I understand , time seems to fly fast anymore. Your studio sounds wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Janetlee View Post
    I live in the West Texas Panhandle , of Amarillo,Tx. Austin is 12 hours,south away from me. I live in what our country calls "Tornado Alley" part of Tx.We are 8 hrs away from Dallas. Our sunsets are beautiful. Its flat land , ranch land, oil land and cattle land, except for our beautiful canyon. We have the second largest canyon(Palo Duro Canyon) in the country, the first one being The Grand Canyon in Arizonia. The muscial "Texas" is played in the canyon. Perhaps you have heard of our musical.
    We also have the famous" Caddillac Ranch" . Where Stanley Marsh III (wealthy Cattleman and oilman here) buried new Caddillacs from 1950-59 into the ground nose down.Its not far from me. People from all over the world come to see the Caddillac Ranch and the muscial "Texas".
    I was born here and raised here. I have lived in other parts of the country, but there is no place like home. My daughter recently moved to Dallas and was asked what part of Tx she was from. Cause she said Yes Sir. and Yes Ma'm.And yes we do have the Tx drawl. And say Howdy and Ya"ll. lol
    I'm just starting to plan my first trip to Texas to see the family - I suspect this trip will centre only on Austin, but it's great to hear about other areas. I have seen some photos and TV footage of the Caddillac Ranch - amazing!
    Anne

Welcome, Janetlee, hope your workspace is all you hope for! I work in a bright purple shed that sits on the roof of our (well, his) garage :-) It's small but perfectly formed. I used to work in the kitchen, but people kept wanting to cook in there, most unreasonable!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339823690.324310.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	3665

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com