Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi From USA -Texas

Smile Hi From USA -Texas

Hi from USA -Texas. I just learned of this forum. I"m excited to learn and share with everyone.
    And make new friends.
    Janetlee

Hi Janet and welcome.

Thank you,Kwant for the Welcome.
    Janetlee

You are welcome Janetlee. We here are kind of greedy when it comes to seeing what other folks do or at least like to know :0) So what kind of things do you do?

I work with glass(Lampworking), PMC, silver, copper, wood, polymer clay, seed beads .I make my own tools and findings for the most part. Some I buy. For the lampworking I use Oxycon and natural gas, MiniCC torch.
    I'm in the process of making another studio(My first one was a 12ft x 16 ft building). We moved out into the countryside. And I'm turning a large spare room into my studio. Right now I'm laying ceramic tile for the floor. Hope to be back up and runnning in July.
    Janetlee

I too just had my study/studio made over and what a difference it makes, previously it was two separate rooms but now it is one big one, having knocked through the wall and I love it. I hope yours goes as well.

Hi Janet, welcome from me too. I'm dead jealous of your studio space, I've got one end of our garage!!

Lorraine

Thank You. I can not hardly wait. Your studio sounds wonderful.I needed the larger space. Since I'm doing so many things. My design ideas are constantly turning in my head. Thank you again for the well wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraineflee View Post
    Hi Janet, welcome from me too. I'm dead jealous of your studio space, I've got one end of our garage!!

Lorraine
    Thank you Lorraine for the Welcome. I do appreciate it. Looking forward to being here.
    Garages are great too. I used to have one too. But the winters here in Tx are very cold and windy(50-70mph winds at times). So the studio out there , didn't last long here for me.

Hello Janet and welcome.

I flirted with lampwork for a couple of months - it was not a match made in heaven I'm afraid, so I will continue to bash silver and buy the beads when I need them! As for workshops and studios, I am gradually taking over the house.

The garage is mine-all-mine and it's where I do my metalwork but just lately I had to give up my day job of freelance writing and my brilliant OH has turned my once office into an enamelling studio for me. Tomorrow it will be the world you know ;-)
    Di x