Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So Enamelling?

Seems to have burnt out in places. I suspect the flux or red may have been too thin in those places or maybe there were some bubble that burst. If it wasn't engine turned, I would use a diamond burr to drill out the damaged spots and a little around. Then refill with flux, fire carefully and then the red. It is best to slightly underwire each layer until you get to the final firing.

How about showing us some of your work Lindy, we like to see what others are making. I see you have been enamelling for 25 years so you must have some photos to show, may I also ask how you got started and where did you learn enamelling etc?

James

Linda's website has all the info James. http://www.lindaconnelly.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
    Seems to have burnt out in places. I suspect the flux or red may have been too thin in those places or maybe there were some bubble that burst. If it wasn't engine turned, I would use a diamond burr to drill out the damaged spots and a little around. Then refill with flux, fire carefully and then the red. It is best to slightly underwire each layer until you get to the final firing.
    Did you mean James' piece was burnt out Lindy? It looked OK to me.

Carole, I'm so glad you said that! I looked and looked and ended up thinking burnt out must mean something totally different to the obvious!
    Di x

Thanks for the info Carole, I like to know something about who is writing comments on these forums.

James

My first pieces of enamelling have been so heartachingly beautiful that I cannot show them for fear of making you all die a little inside :0)

NOT

Yes thank you Carole I feel a whole lot better about my first two attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    My first pieces of enamelling have been so heartachingly beautiful that I cannot show them for fear of making you all die a little inside :0)

NOT
    Haha! A bit like my first pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
    . You could presumably otherwise use depletion building but I haven't actually tried that myself.
    One side of our high street is being demolished. I'm sure they'd welcome your help, Lindy.