I have only had two packages hallmarked, one was taken up to London as we were staying there for a long weekend. The other was one I sent off to them, just normal hallmarking not laser. In the first one at home before I took it up, I weighed each item and wrote it on the paper supplied by them. However, when they sent it back to us, I found that they had weighed the heaviest item and multiplied it by the number of items. I rang and complained and they immediately sent off a credit note, no problem really, and they were very pleasant and helpful.

In future I will weigh stuff at home, so they have a guideline, as some of my stuff is well over the weight, and some are miniscule earrings. Thats another reason that I dont send stuff under the weight now, and if the chain can be sold separately on a hand made pendant and like me you buy in your chains, take them off because it gets weighed as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
According to the notes I have in front of me from the Edinburgh Assay office "pairs of earrings and cufflinks should be listed as two single items"