Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hallmarking

There was similar guff on the registration form I filled in, and the Edinburgh assay office told me to ignore it as it was meant for those who were using "agents" but as I was doing everything myself for myself that those "agent" requirements did not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    There was similar guff on the registration form I filled in, and the Edinburgh assay office told me to ignore it as it was meant for those who were using "agents" but as I was doing everything myself for myself that those "agent" requirements did not apply.
    Mmmm....... Legacy stuff ! I' call ans ask befor I send it in.

Thanks

J

Well spoke to her in doors, and I will apply for my birthday; more romantic than a drill ........?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Well spoke to her in doors, and I will apply for my birthday; more romantic than a drill ........?

J
    if you want to be really romantic, you could get it tattooed!

and yes... I am that sad!

I have question about the hallmarking offices in the UK, do you require a VAT number or a Chamber of Commerce number to register with the assay office?
    Thanks
    Les
    Poor old Les

I do not know about the others but for the Edinburgh office I did not need to give such information, I think I ticked the box "hobbyist", but considering that you can apply as a student too (at a discount) I suspect all the offices are the same on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    if you want to be really romantic, you could get it tattooed!

and yes... I am that sad!

mm...... be thinks a tattoo of a sponsor mark for her.........

may be not

Quote Originally Posted by art925 View Post
    I have question about the hallmarking offices in the UK, do you require a VAT number or a Chamber of Commerce number to register with the assay office?
    Thanks
    Les
    I didn't at Birmingham. I think you only need to give it if you intend claiming the VAT back.

mm...... be thinks a tattoo of a sponsor mark for her.........

may be not
    haha! I have so much ink on me now that a bit more makes little difference. I like to think it's spreading awareness of hallmarking because people always ask me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I do not know about the others but for the Edinburgh office I did not need to give such information, I think I ticked the box "hobbyist", but considering that you can apply as a student too (at a discount) I suspect all the offices are the same on that score.
    Thanks, it was just for info really, I have to provide my Chamber of Commerce registration documentation to be registered with our assay office, I think also my VAT number, or provide a student number.
    Poor old Les

Mmmm....... Legacy stuff ! I' call ans ask befor I send it in.

Thanks

J
    I called and they say its just of companies that have an agent, you can leave it blank. oh and the don't take american express !

Julian