Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes I have been at it again :0)

Default Yes I have been at it again :0)

This time it was an 1860 pair of quite hideous sugar tongs that got the chop.

Bowls of the tongs cut off flattened out hammered for texture and bezel set with a pair of labradorite cabs.

Labrador ears by kwant, on Flickr

They're beautiful - well done! I do like hearing about your 'recycling' - very imaginative

Thanks Louisella, there are two rings on my bench waiting to have a stone set on each of them, a nice bit of sheet and the ugly bits, all rococo and florid, will, I think be melted down. I did in fact make them into earrings too but they are really heavy and just not my thing.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I did in fact make them into earrings too but they are really heavy and just not my thing.
    I am sure they would look very becoming on you!

Lovely bit of magic on those sugar tongs - my pickle forks still look like pickle forks! Speaking of which, did you enjoy your last lot? lol

Hmmmm well they were alright Wallace but for some reason they left the roots on, which was kind of well unusual to say the least.

Am I right in thinking it was you who one some cake?

Ah yes I see now it was you :0)
    Last edited by Kwant; 14-05-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: just seen a post with the info

Not sure that even I could carry these off, I would end up looking like Hinge and or Brackett, plus they weigh a half ounce each.

Ugly ears by kwant, on Flickr

Not sure that even I could carry these off, I would end up looking like Hinge and or Brackett, plus they weigh a half ounce each.

Ugly ears by kwant, on Flickr
    they might look quite nice as rings perhaps? I like the labrorodite earrings.

The pattern on them's lovely but yes, can see how they may be a bit top heavy as earrings. Perhaps a brooch?

Sarah

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Hmmmm well they were alright Wallace but for some reason they left the roots on, which was kind of well unusual to say the least.

Am I right in thinking it was you who one some cake?

Ah yes I see now it was you :0)
    prefer tea and scones P

couldn't you break them down further - there is a nice bit of space there for a littlle gemstone to go in......... damn, I am the one who sets the little gemstones!

can just see an opal or two there Cornelius

speaking of winning, hope your goodie bag is a good one. Will be sending you some little flints soon, just need to get to the post office..... maybe I can do that in the morning before I get to the office. lol
    Last edited by Wallace; 14-05-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling, it is always the spelling! lol

I thought about rings Medusa but they are just 50mm so just a tad on the small side for a ring. I think I could break them down further, the point at which the large scaloppy thing ends would be a suitable place, but on the other hand I think I am getting one of those little reversible ingot moulds for my birthday and it would be shame if I had nothing to pour into it :0)

As to the goody bag I am quite looking forward to seeing what is in it, there might be a little gold ingot who knows :P