Thread: Not exactly jewellery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Not exactly jewellery

As I said in my intro Hi everyone in the Say Hello room, I'm not making jewellery just yet, but this is one of the things I've done.
    The body is covered with heat treated thin steel sheet, and I made all the hardware ( Bridge/Saddles/cover plates etc) out of S/S and brass, with bits of copper tube thrown in, and LED's. The back of the neck is covered with copper leaf.
    Full size and fully working. I might even post a You Tube link of me playing it ( not very well!) sometime.
    I suppose it could be classed as jewellery, if you want a VERY large necklace
    Cheers.

That's as long as I've worked out how to put pics up here properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14.07.2010 steam punk guitar 2 002.jpg  

Well, that's rather more than glueing some gears on it and calling it Steampunk! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA ) Very snazzy - are blue LEDs steampunk though? Much safer than Cherenkov radiation however...

LOL. Yep, just a bit more Blue lights = electrical stuff somewhere - Steampunk can be very forgiving on certain things. Blue radiation???? Hmmm----idea for the next one.

dear old Blighty - (in deepest Wiltshire)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie M View Post
    As I said in my intro Hi everyone in the Say Hello room, I'm not making jewellery just yet, but this is one of the things I've done.
    The body is covered with heat treated thin steel sheet, and I made all the hardware ( Bridge/Saddles/cover plates etc) out of S/S and brass, with bits of copper tube thrown in, and LED's. The back of the neck is covered with copper leaf.

Never mind jewellery for your animals - get jewellery for your Guitar..... ;o)

looks great - my son just sighed when he saw that - but I am not (N O T) making his guitars any jewellery! lol

My little dog has collar bling :0)

How old is he? Not that it really matters 'cos I bet you give in after a bit of nagging, 'specially if he sets it as a challenge for you