Thread: Zombie pickle fork

Default Zombie pickle fork

I am putting this link here as it is not really a tutorial or a how to or a bench tip, it is more of a story, the story of a plain and useless old pickle fork, who found new life.

http://kwantessentials.blogspot.fr/2...ckle-fork.html

oh and to be PC about it, it is about recycling :0)

Endless fun Cornelius, I enjoyed that, but now you've got to get the onions out of the jar with your fingers ( unless you settle down and make one of those silver pickle forks).

;0) Dennis we are lucky here in France the pickles come with little elevators, not that you can actually get a decent pickled onion.

Thats a good idea, an elevator for an onion, always finding the spoon is too short and it ends up under the vinegar. Love your muddy dog by the way, looks like your wife has the same job as me, wiping off muddy dogs, only I have a Labrador which is BIG and loves to get very muddy, and a very small Border Terrier who hates getting muddy and wet. She has actually walked around a puddle !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    ;0) Dennis we are lucky here in France the pickles come with little elevators, not that you can actually get a decent pickled onion.

Lol that is my mum. Mum and Dad were over here on holiday from Bonnie Scotland. Grew up with labradors as my grandad was a gamekeeper in Aberdeenshire, and love all kinds of terriers.

Anyways next on the operating table is a rather nasty pair of mid Victorian sugar tongs ;0)

Loving the new creations from the pickle fork. So inspiring to see new from old - amazing peices. Thank you for sharing. Makes me want to get back to it right now!

You wouldnt love this one I dont think, she is 2 years old and a little sweetheart by day, but is a menace at night. Every night she is howling, just a short sharp howl, but enough to wake you up. In desperation I rang a dog physciatrist and she said as the lab is very mild mannered she sees me as her line manager so to speak. I was told to open the lounge door so she could come upstairs if she wanted to, so we have tried that for a month now and I have to say it hasnt worked, she doesnt howl now but comes into the bedroom and makes for the bed, our bed is quite high so she cant jump up on it, but gets her two front feet against it and squeaks, so it still wakes you up. Last night she only came up once, but previous to that she came up several times a night. First of all I shouted at her and she went back downstairs, but she came back, so doggy shrink said ignore her completely, if she hears your breathing she will know you are there. Most nights we only get about five hours sleep, so feeling like throttling her at the moment. As for Bertie the lab, he is wonderful, when he thinks its breakfast time, anytime after 5am he comes upstairs and because he is taller breathes doggy breath on your face. How pleasant, not sure which is worse, stale smoky breath or doggie breath, either way I get one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    Lol that is my mum. Mum and Dad were over here on holiday from Bonnie Scotland. Grew up with labradors as my grandad was a gamekeeper in Aberdeenshire, and love all kinds of terriers.

I feel your pain Pat, we are lucky with ours, for example night before last she went to bed at 11pm and did not get up till noon yesterday and that was only because there was a delivery man to lick, then back to sleep on the sofa till it was time for afternoon tea and the possibility of a biscuit :0)
    Last edited by Kwant; 26-04-2012 at 09:19 PM.