Thread: unusual size cabochons, Metal stamps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default unusual size cabochons, Metal stamps

Hi is there anyone that could advise me where to get very large like 40mm cabochons and strange shape, i have looked in normal places like cooksons , palmer metals kernowcraft and a few others and cant seem to find anything ,

also can anyone help with where i can get 2.5mm or 3mm metal print stamps like hearts or stars, church cross, other then USA as every where i search are in USA and im worrying about buying from abroad and like to just buy from places i no, i do like Impress art stamps but seems to be only sold in USA can anyone help , many thanks Michelle

Stamps I have no idea about where to buy as I make my own from fimo or wood dowel. As far as large cabochons go with unusual shapes and stones, one place I like is http://www.designercabochons.co.uk/index.htm but there are many others if you hunt on the web, Etsy is also a good place to find designer cabs, most of the sellers are in the US but I have found to date they are reliable and of good quality.

edited to add : though obviously my stamps would not mark metal but are used for PMC :0)

edited again lol: a quick check for decorative stamps UK brought up these http://www.the-beadshop.co.uk/beads-...p-punches-c220 not sure how big they are but it is certainly a start.
    Last edited by Kwant; 12-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.

I like to go to the Rock'n'Gem show when it comes around. I haven't been to one for a few years (because when I think, shouldn't they be coming here sonn, it was always last week!) but they used to be really good, especially for abstract shapes and interesting stones. I have got some real bargains in the past!.
    www.rockngem.co.uk/

thank u Kwant and josiejo i have just looked at these sites they are helpful, kwant the bead shop in Manchester is good but im looking for a cross stamp really as would like it for a bracelet for a friend who is a church person so wanted to make it a little special , but im glade ive joined the forum people are so helpful xxx michelle