Thread: Noswaith Dda!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Noswaith Dda!

Hi everyone and good evening to you all!

The small people are finally in bed so the waning day is now mine!

I'm Vikki and I've been making jewellery for several years now. I started on a silversmithing course at college in Sept 2011 and am loving it. It gives me so much more freedom with my designs, and I can now truly say that they are handmade.

Cerflun is Welsh for sculpture or sculpted. It's pronounced curve-lin. I chose it because many of my designs are all about form and shape, rather than just the gemstones.

Anyway, I now hear a couple of small giggling voices at the top of the stairs, so must dash.

Nice meeting you all!

Vikki
    Cerflun Designs

Welcome Vikki, looks like a change of direction. I hope you will let us see your new work. Dennis.

Noswaith dda i chi, Vikki! Which bit of Wales are you in? Oh, and croeso :-)

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

"Dennis: Welcome Vikki, looks like a change of direction. I hope you will let us see your new work. Dennis"

Thanks Dennis. Some specimens are available in my album. Not much on the silverwork front on account of having lost my camera. Doh!

"Melanie De Castro Pugh: Noswaith dda i chi, Vikki! Which bit of Wales are you in? Oh, and croeso :-)"

Diolch yn fawr, Melanie! I live near Bridgend, in the Valleys. I'm afraid I'm an invader, so my children have better Welsh than me. Oops!

Hope to catch you both around some time. And thanks, in advance, for all of your help!

Vik xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Cerflun Designs View Post
    "Dennis: Welcome Vikki, looks like a change of direction. I hope you will let us see your new work. Dennis"

Thanks Dennis. Some specimens are available in my album. Not much on the silverwork front on account of having lost my camera. Doh!

"Melanie De Castro Pugh: Noswaith dda i chi, Vikki! Which bit of Wales are you in? Oh, and croeso :-)"

Diolch yn fawr, Melanie! I live near Bridgend, in the Valleys. I'm afraid I'm an invader, so my children have better Welsh than me. Oops!

Hope to catch you both around some time. And thanks, in advance, for all of your help!

Vik xxx

Hi I think you live close to where my husband was born in Ogmore Vale, he defected and is now in Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Hi I think you live close to where my husband was born in Ogmore Vale, he defected and is now in Devon.
    CLose??? That's right next door, Pat! Next village, to be precise, birthplace of Windsor Davis!

Small world!

(Sorry, I didn't feel I fitted in enough exclamation marks so here's some more...!!!!!!!!)

He was only 12 months old when he left, but he is one of six kids, and he was fifth in line so to speak, so the others would know the area well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerflun Designs View Post
    CLose??? That's right next door, Pat! Next village, to be precise, birthplace of Windsor Davis!

Small world!

(Sorry, I didn't feel I fitted in enough exclamation marks so here's some more...!!!!!!!!)

I'm an invader too, that was pretty much the limit of my Welsh ;-) I'm in the Rhondda, so not far from you :-)

Melanie

Ah, I think it's the Welsh countryside that brings out the creativity in us :-)

I went a bit mental last night and in the space of two hours managed to design, cut, file, solder, pickle and finish 4 pendants. It was only when a small person came knocking on the kitchen door that I realised I'd forgotten to put the kids to bed, doh! (*shhh! Don't tell dadi!)

I've had my littlun come out to the shed to see if I was ever going to tuck him in, so you're not alone! #epicmummyfail

Melanie