Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Theme Competition

Default May Theme Competition

This Month's Theme......

SPRINGTIME

Hello everyone!

Well Spring is (allegedly!!) officially here so I thought this would be a good, broad theme for this month. So post your design incorporating this theme within this thread with a little bit about the piece and the winner will be revealed at the end of the month! The Winner will "WIN THEIR ORDER" !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CREATIVITY!

A few legalities...

Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 31.05.2012. The winner will win their order up to the monetary value of £100 inc VAT. This must be in one transaction. The judging process will take place on 01.06.2012. Our Silversmith Judging Panel will make the final decision.

The Competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 05.05.2012. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Image shown is for display purposes only, prize comprises of any items selected from our website, cooksongold.com, to the monetary value of £100 inc VAT in one transaction.

I noticed yesterday that the Lily of the Valley flowers in my garden have started blooming, so here are some photos of my life size Lily of the Valleys to get this months comp started, as before just for interest and not for the competition.

James

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2- Lily of the valley in glass.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	3570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12- Lily of the valley.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	3571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36 Lily of the Valley.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	3572

There's endless scope for a goldsmith's skill, so how would you rate the difference between those and the ones in your garden James?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    There's endless scope for a goldsmith's skill, so how would you rate the difference between those and the ones in your garden James?
    I love making flowers Dennis, and as to rating the difference between them and natural blooms, I leave that to others, all I say is that if they sell I am happy, and these all sold to the first customers who saw them. One main difference is that my gold, enamelled and stone set flowers should last forever if treated well.
    James

I like making flowers too James and I am kind of half way through making my entry for this months competition. No where near your class of course but keeps my idle hands occupied nonetheless :0)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	3574
    I don't think I'm eligible but just in case I am, this is my entry.

Beautiful dreamy colours Carole on a sweet piece. Would those be called peacock pearls?

Here is my entry for Springtime, a little sterling and fine silver box with blossom on a twig and a star ruby detail.

Blossom box by kwant, on Flickr

Very attractive design, lifted further by that ruby. Dennis.

Thank you Dennis:0)