Thread: Disc Cutting Set Wanted

Default Disc Cutting Set Wanted

Hi All,

I have been drooling over this disc cutting set for some time...https://webshop.bijoumoderne.nl/webs...tcode=01&cpl=2
    and as you can see it is 290.00 euro + vat. However, does anyone know of a system that will cut these sizes but cost not so much?

Thanks Les
    Last edited by art925; 28-02-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Poor old Les

I have a swanstrom, which I love, but it's still very expensive, especially once postage and VAT is factored in.

However, I know people who've been very happy with this - not the same quality, but perfectly adequate, and with a bit of refinishing, does the job very well. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-EXTRA-L...#ht_1241wt_881 - however the current listing clearly has the wrong price! I believe it's meant to be 89 rather than 889!

Lol I looked some of that sellers things before and my jaw dropped at some of the prices an example being 1200 quid for a bangle mandrel or something like it, never thought it might be a mistake hahahha

edited to add, mind you I was informed recently by Cookson that they are happy to cut discs to requirements not listed on the site with no minimum purchase required.
    Last edited by Kwant; 28-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.

The basic disc cutter set, Cooksons 999772 does what it says and lasts forever. For what ever you buy, take note of a personal recommendation, because there are some real turkeys out there, which just mangle metal. Dennis.

I have a Pepe one, which I've had for about 6 years now. I don't use all of the cutters, mostly the 20mm and 9mm ones, they are still very sharp and cut well. So I would recommend this one. :-)

Thanks everyone, I have a cutter upto 15mm, I am looking at the larager sizes, I will check out all recommendations, and make a difficult decision.
    Poor old Les