Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Putting children's doodles onto jewellery/keyrings

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Thank you so much for clarifying things George. Daisy's response would indicate that she felt some negativitiy to her query, so sorry that you didn't like my response. I for one think that its a shame that Cooksons doesn't encourage queries etc that relate to the products they sell and that the forum encourages folk to look elsewhere. Just saying...
    Polly, this forum is sponsored by Cooksons, for which we are very grateful, but we have joined because we like talking shop and we are free to follow our interests. Unfortunately we are skewed towards working with metal and gemstones, as in jewellery. So if the answer can't be found here, is it not natural to direct an enquiry elsewhere?
    That said, if Daisy is Still around I would suggest she looks at Lazertran, which allows you to make transfers using a color copier. Once transferred to a surface they are hardened in a domestic oven and are fairly wear resistant. Dennis.

Perhaps it's best if people now don't drag up previous comments and stick to the subject. Thanks, though, for your suggestion about Lazertran, however it's not really a transfer I'm looking for as I think that would possibly lose some of the colour from a child's doodle?

Sorry Daisy, I do agree with you about not dragging previous comments that serve no positive purpose, however since Dennis has added to the thread with a part directed to me I wish to answer. Dennis, I have always worked in gold and silver, glass enamels and have worked in the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter in workshops that serve many makers and retailers. I've not worked with resins, clays, etc and am fascinated in what can be achieved in other materials other that those that I currently work with. I believe that there are many jewellers who use Cooksons (especially the students from across the road at Birmingham) who use many different and interesting materials in very imaginative ways. I would like to learn more without delving too much as it wouldn't necessarily be something to I would particularly use. Referring to the posts on this thread, by speaking on behalf of all members and viewers of the forum, to say that you only work in metals etc. you exclude those who may know something more on other things but perhaps now don't feel that they would wish to contribute as this forum is only for silver and goldsmithing.
    Last edited by ps_bond; 29-02-2012 at 09:57 AM.