Thread: Art clay or PMC?

Default Art clay or PMC?

Which do you perfer to use? Art Clay or PMC3 and why?

Sarah

I've used both, but always go back to PMC. I find it doesn't dry out as quickly, even the slow dry art clay seems to dry out more quickly than PMC. Also it seems smoother somehow and need less refining with sanding... having said that I have successfully used art clay as well.

Louise

Hi Sarah,
    I use both and have no preference - I buy the one I can get cheapest! Sometimes that's PMC, sometimes Art Clay.
    Julia

I am just starting out and wondering what the difference is? Is the silver content the same etc. Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks

Initially I only used PMC, until I saw one day Cooksons had a special deal on 50gms of Art Clay slow dry so bought some of that. In all honesty I did not notice any appreciable difference between the two in workability or final result. As far as silver content is concerned they both result in fine silver 999.

My understanding is that they are basically the same - just made by different companies, however, I am prepared to stand corrected.

I've used both too, the PMC3 is a bit nicer to work, but not enough to make it worth the extra money! So it's Art Clay all the way for me. I use the slow dry one.

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com