Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little feedback please

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Harrison View Post
    Ooo if we know the themes in advance that might help people enter. A month is a short time for busy people.
    I agree with you on this request, it would be nice to have two months at least. I have a 'main day job' so getting something done in a short time is not always possible as I mostly only get weekends if I am not on annual leave. Knowing ahead would be fab.

I really like the competitions and enjoy seeing how different the interpretations are. I have entered twice and wouldn't class either of my entries as executed particularly well, but as I beginner who also has a full time job, the experience of actually designing, executing and finishing the pieces, is invaluable. I have designed many pieces on paper, and in my head, but the I find my real learning comes from the mistakes I make and the problems I manage to solve when I see a project through.

As an alternative to themes, perhaps consider a technique? New technique: favourite technique? Or item and leave the technique open - pendant, ring, bangle ...?

Susie

Thank you for all your thoughts! I have listed them in a separate thread so everyone knows the themes

I haven't had the courage to enter yet (nor have I had the time to make anything theme relevant!) but love the competition and seeing the variety of people's imaginations. Keep it going please.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGem View Post
    Oh you must enter!

Wow that's the year planned then Just need November and December now...
    November = bonfire/ fireworks
    December = christmas / 12 days of christmas theme??

I've enjoyed these, just not had the opportunity to enter yet!!
    Keep them up Littlegem ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby66 View Post
    November = bonfire/ fireworks
    December = christmas / 12 days of christmas theme??

I've enjoyed these, just not had the opportunity to enter yet!!
    Keep them up Littlegem ;D
    Looking forward to seeing your entries this year! What I have done this time round, from the suggestions from you all, is post all the the themes upfront to encourage more to enter!

Well well well,
    I am very excited by all of this and think I need to get designing! Fab theme ideas, I like that they are left quite open. Whoop.
    Where do the entries get exhibited? will there be a Facebook page? Or a page on here? Of has this already been done and I've missed the boat completely?
    HannahMary Jewellery
    Website