Thread: Loose cable wire and ends

Default Loose cable wire and ends

Hi All. I have just ordered some 0.8mm cable wire from Cooksons and the ends to fit but they are an extremely tight fit. The cable arrived with a kink in it as well. Does anyone have experience of using these cables and do you glue or crimp the end pieces on? If it is glue I think the larger size ends would be better but if I now order them it is another lot of postage. I normally buy ready made but in this instance I wanted to thread the cable through something and it wouldn't fit with the end on.
    Jane

Hi Jane, rough users can easily kink cable, and then it looks terrible so, as soldering will soften cable further, I glue it with two part epoxy. If your cable is only just too tight you can ream out the tubes with the right size twist drill by hand if mounted in a pin vice.

However making your own cable ends is so easy that I just make mine from tubing. The result is good and strong and I can make them a little longer than the bought ones. I think you can see some in my album. regards, Dennis.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your cable arrived with a kink in it, it shouldn't arrive like that. Would you mind messaging me your account details and the order date in order for us to give you a call to resolve this?

Kind Regards

Jess Sweetingham
    E-Commerce
    CPM