Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November: Bonfire Night

Default November: Bonfire Night

Vibrant colours in the dark night sky, glittering stars and the glowing beacon in a muddy field!

What symbolises bonfire night for you?

Good Luck everyone! The competition will close on the 30th November...The winner will "WIN THEIR ORDER!*

In order to give everyone an even chance, the previous winners of each month are more than welcome to post their designs, but they will not be entered into the judging process for two months (that's two theme competitions) in order to give everyone the chance of winning. After that, they may resume entering as normal and will be included in the competition.

*Terms & conditions

No purchase necessary. The closing date for the competition will be 30.11.2011. The winner will win their order up to the monetary value of £100 exc. VAT. This must be in one transaction. The judging process will take place on 01.12.2011. Cookson Precious Metals Competition Secretary will make the final decision.

The competition is open to all Cookson Precious Metals customers who are UK residents and aged 18 years and over.

Only one entry per person.

There is no cash alternative. Cookson Precious Metals reserves the right to change the prize for one of equivalent value.

The winner will be notified on the forum within this thread by 03.11.2011. The winner's name and county will be available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The Competition Secretary, Marketing Department Cookson Precious Metals, 59-83 Vittoria Street. Birmingham B1 3NZ.

Employees of Cookson Precious Metals, their agents and families are excluded from the competition together with any person connected to the competition.

Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of the rules. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity in connection with the competition.

To enter the competition, simply publish your design/comment within this thread.

No correspondence will be entered into. The Competition Secretary's decision is final. The promoter is Cookson Precious Metals

Image shown is for display purposes only, prize comprises of any items selected from our website, cooksongold.com, to the monetary value of £100 in one transaction exc VAT.

Default Fireworks Night.

Here is my non-competitive entry for November. Sometimes I am given a sketch on a scrap of paper and am asked to make it. I called this bracelet my champagne bottle label.

The idea of bubbles and the multi-coloured stones might remind you of fireworks. Dennis.

OK, here's mine. The diamonds are the fireworks with the pink sapphire being a star. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ring-9b.jpg  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firework.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	3207
    The enamelled stars in my bracelet are fireworks exploding their colour against the dusk sky. BTW, I'm loving the ring Lilia

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	3233

Here is my colourful 'firework' design, the various pink sapphires on the swirling lines remind me of fireworks shooting into the sky, zooming and exploding in colour.

Good luck to the entries so far!

Any last minute entries?

Don't forget the competition ends tomorrow at midnight!

Win your Order!

Name:	068.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	3274

This is my entry. Are we allowed to enter twice, as I have another that fits the brief?

Another firework inspired entry...a dark sky punctuated with sparkle..

Name:	cobalttopaz.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	3272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobalttopazcloseup.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	3273
    Indi

Quote Originally Posted by caroleallen View Post

Name:	068.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	3274

This is my entry. Are we allowed to enter twice, as I have another that fits the brief?
    Mother please! You never taught me to be greedy like that - can I have more cake then? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    Mother please! You never taught me to be greedy like that - can I have more cake then? :-)
    No you can't, you naughty boy! Well, here it is anyway.

Name:	IMG_0398 as Smart Object-1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	3275