Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foredom quick release handpiece question

Well reading your notes on this, I have the same problem, so how did you cure it please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    At the risk of raising the dead here. I finally got round to contacting Foredom yesterday about my handpiece, and as was suggested they were absolutely first class. They responded very quickly, were friendly and eminently helpful. My problem was solved.

I left it so long as I am so used to being fobbed off by companies who usually try to lay the blame on the customer or just plain say it is not their problem as did Cousins who supplied it, but I kept looking at the poor lifeless thing and well...in this instance I was more than pleasantly surprised at the care and attention I received.

hmmm I might add though from the horses mouth as it were "in the long run you will find your series 30 chuck handpiece to be more reliable" or words to that effect, which is the one I replaced the quick release with.

I sent you a note Pat as it was not a technical fix.

Well as I have only had my motor for a short time, it isnt my intention to spend more money to get another handpiece, but there must be a reason for it, so it must be "fixable".

Quote Originally Posted by Kwant View Post
    I sent you a note Pat as it was not a technical fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    Well as I have only had my motor for a short time, it isnt my intention to spend more money to get another handpiece, but there must be a reason for it, so it must be "fixable".
    Peter attached a link on the first page of this thread that shows you how to adjust the quick release handpiece. You'll need a small allen key.

As Pat is now aware and I was chary to say in open forum for fear of causing a "run on the bank" as it were :0), Foredom replaced the handpiece free of charge so the problem was indeed solved and not solved. Considering I was asking Foredom how to take the thing to bits in order to repair and their swiftness to offer a replacement I came to the conclusion I was not the first. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative of their offer and now have a working quick release handpiece.

The allen key you speak of Myosotis is supplied with the handpiece, but in my circumstances the nut into which the allen key goes had no "bite" so the allen key was useless, a shame because there is a replacement kit for that assembly costing around $7.

Any way there you have it Foredom replaced my, as it appears now faulty handpiece, no questions asked and sent the new one to me in France with no charge to me at all.