Thread: Roller chain

Default Roller chain

First post and already asking for help.

I have been asked for gold roller chain and the way it was described to me it sounded like a Belcher within a Belcher. The idea is that as a necklace, for example, it moves smoothly over the skin.

I have searched Cooksons and the internet in general for a manufacturer/supplier (UK) with no success, perhaps it goes by another name. If anyone can help with this I would be very appreciative.

Regards

Paul Crompton

Could possibly be a rolo chain see the illustration and info at Recognizing Popular Jewelry Chains

I'd agree, I suspect your customer is looking for rolo chain. It's a very smooth chain - nice to wear and good strength too.

Thanks for the replies.

The rolo chain looks, to me, like a Belcher but is along the right lines. Looking into it further a roller chain is a Curb chain with a Belcher link, or similar, over each Curb link so is much tighter than the rolo (or Belcher). I have made up a sample from plated chain to show the customer but he might get a shock when he is told the price for a 5mm 9ct 18 inch necklace.

Regards

Paul