Thread: Crossing Over Ring

Default Crossing Over Ring

Hi !!

My jewellery friend has been away for a few weeks, so I've been watching Youtube clips to keep things fresh in my memory

One thing I have looked for is a clip that shows how I can make one of these fab rings ? But I've not found one...Is there any other clip sites that show "How to" make jewellery ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	8811

Also, I have seen the wheel beside the big flat roller on the rolling machine, I think it makes "D" shaped shanks...How do I use it ?

TTFN

Answer to question one: With lots of experience.

Question two: You feed in the right size of round wire to fit the groove. If the groove is smaller, a ledge forms on each side which can also be attractive. Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by tessie View Post
    Hi !!
    One thing I have looked for is a clip that shows how I can make one of these fab rings ? But I've not found one...Is there any other clip sites that show "How to" make jewellery ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	8811
    TTFN
    It's great to have an aspiration though!

Thank you both....How about any other websites for tutorial clips ?

Rural Somerset, between Yeovil and Shepton Mallet

You Tube - search for Soham Harrison and Andrew Berry - both have "how to" videos. For more expansive training try looking for "AtTheBench" - on line training courses from Andrew Berry, it is excellent IMO but you have to pay (monthly or annual subs available)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barry the Flying Silversmith👍

Echoing Barry, I like watching and listening to Soham Harrison on YouTube - he has a gentle manner and down to earth approach to demonstrating basic skills and techniques, and he uploads the occasional nice interlude on other matters, eg a baby praying mantis found in a bucket of water used for casting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_SL0DVN8Bc. He's a Native American (now I think living in Oz) and was a Porsche mechanic for 30 years before he became a silversmith - interesting background.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ajda View Post
    He's a Native American.
    He's partly native American.