Thread: Ideas for silk cord catch

Default Ideas for silk cord catch

I sell pendants on Etsy,and most don't come with a chain to keep the price down.
    I got some black silk cord,just as an added extra,and would prefer to make a catch rather than buy one.

This is not really my style,but trying to give 'em what they want.
    Got any ideas of catches i make for the cords,I've thought of an S hook type thing,but then I need a way to tie it off neat??
    Basically I'm trying to get someone else to do the thinking for me,I'm more suited to banging things with hammers!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ribbon ends.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	2214 this is the sort of thing you want. Bead Addict sell them at 2 for £3.00. I don't know how much they'd cost to make, if you take your time into account.
    Di x

just reread your post. You can do this very simply using a coil of silver wire. Boo, who used to be a member was a master at it - and her site gives lots of good tutorials.
    Di x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    just reread your post. You can do this very simply using a coil of silver wire. Boo, who used to be a member was a master at it - and her site gives lots of good tutorials.
    Thanks Di,that's exactly what I was looking for,I can relax a bit now.But i will have to make a pair of those pliers Boo uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun750 View Post
    But i will have to make a pair of those pliers Boo uses.
    MAKE a pair?? Now that's true dedication. Cookies' looping pliers aren't too expensive of you are going to use them a lot: Multi-sized-Looping-Pliers-prcode-999-CB12

Quote Originally Posted by Ominicci View Post
    MAKE a pair?? Now that's true dedication. Cookies' looping pliers aren't too expensive of you are going to use them a lot: Multi-sized-Looping-Pliers-prcode-999-CB12
    Chears for the link Nicci,my whole focus is more about saving money rather than spending it.Any amount is to much for me at the moment. Plus i have got this thing(i got it from my Dad) where I have to make something rather than buy it. Usually it costs less,but i might spend hours making it.The latest thing was a vacuum jar.It cost about 6 quid in parts,but took 3 hours!!(probably and hour drilling a hole in the glass lid. But it did work,which isn't always the case. You can get vacuum pots for 20 pounds on ebay??