Thread: Hi all 😊

Question Hi all 😊

Hello all

Im a hobbyist who started out making copper band rings with various stone inserts, byzantine chains/bracelets and earrings. As the quality of my works improved, I thought the logical thing to do was get a little torch and develope my skills with silver. I decided to go down the oxycon and disposable propane tank route. As I've been saving and getting tools and setting up safety equipment/add ons i.e (flashback arrestors/stop vales/ prv's). I wanted to ask with the wealth of experience within the forum, if anyone knew of a viable alternate to the Smith Little Torch disposable fuel regulator. If so what they recommend, I've read that a disposable bottle adjustable low pressure regulator is sufficient. But I've had mixed results, in that the regulator I've used worked with smelting tip but doesn't with tips five or six, flame just goes out.

I know I can save for a month or two and get the recommend smiths disposable bottle regulator, but if there is a recommended viable alternative I would appreciate any advice.

Look forward to receiving any advice

Damien

Hi Damien, this is the style of propane regulator I use for my Smiths Little Torch it is adjustable up to 4 bar. I think I have it set to roughly just under 1 bar. The smallest burner for the Smiths Little Torch is difficult to light but with a bit of practice you get used to igniting it at about the size of a small cigarette lighter flame and then gently introducing the oxygen … N …

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5896.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	13591
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 26-04-2024 at 02:38 PM.