Thread: Wire Dies

Default Wire Dies

Hi, I spotted some wire/bracelet dies on Etsy whilst looking for a set of embossing punches. Has anyone used them? I've tried using a shot plate, with fairly unsatisfactory results, and wondered if this might be a similar outcome.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1410...-1&frs=1&sts=1

Never felt the need, but you would have to use one blow from a very heavy hammer, or some sort of press, an lots of practice.

Thanks Dennis. Yes, I thought that I'd need a fairly heavy duty press to get a decent result, and scrolled on by in the end. It's not really my kind of thing to be honest, just got my head turned!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzanite View Post
    Thanks Dennis. Yes, I thought that I'd need a fairly heavy duty press to get a decent result, and scrolled on by in the end. It's not really my kind of thing to be honest, just got my head turned!
    The bracelet dies are actually dead easy to use and give a great result. Much easier than shot plates. They are actually one of my best sellers!.

I've used them with up to 2mm thick wire using a hammer and if I can do it then anyone can. The matching ring presses though are another matter. The ring blanks dance all over the place and come out pretty mangled. You do really need a press for them.

If you are tempted, they are a lot cheaper on Cousins than Etsy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP71.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13570