Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durstan Agile C50

Good luck with your purchase. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have … N

I got my blue one from Proops many years ago. I did have a problem with one of the rollers being marked, but they sent out a replacement quickly and it was all sorted.
    Jules

Thanks again for all the great advice folks. I now have the blue rolling mill and I'm chuffed to bits with it. It indeed seems just right for where I am right now and what I want to produce.

This weekend, I'm planning to fix the rolling mill to a sturdy piece of wood, with the handles and doorstop feet, and building the boat winch drawing bench, both as per Dennis's instructions from a few years back. I'm picking up the winch and a couple of brackets tomorrow and planning a good weekend's work at it all. Any last minute advice always welcome!

Good luck with all of that. I hope that what I wrote works for you. Come back if you're stuck.
    Last minute advice:
    Lots of practice with copper.
    Don't be impatient and overload your mill. Once it gets stuck it can be almost impossible to reverse. You should be able to turn it with one hand. Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 12-01-2024 at 10:43 AM.

Thank you Dennis - that's very useful advice. My husband picked up a beautiful length of wood this afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to the weekend's work. I'll post a pic if it turns out okay!