Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Again!

Cool Hello Again!

Hi it's been a while! I'm glad to be back here again

Nice to see some familiar names and I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you.

During my absence I was lucky enough to have a (short) stint on 'All that Glitters' season One. What a blast that was! It pushed me as a jeweller and as a person, which was exactly what I had hoped.

I've moved workshops and am building up my business again, hand making is still my passion, but it becomes harder now I have osteoarthritis in both hands.

I work with precious metal sheet and wire using jewellery and silversmithing techniques to create 3D life size flowers and very detailed gem rings. When it comes out just right it's a little bit of magic!

Hi Kim!
    You waz robbed

Hi Kimkie and welcome back.
    No, no competitions, or prizes, But Cooksons continue to host this forum, and Dave repairs it when it goes wrong. Also ps_bond gives his time to delete spammers, and correct new members who are rude.

Our active membership is much reduced here, presumably in favour of social media, so I hope you will initiate some discussions. Dennis.

Hi Kim
    Welcome back. I’m still here too on occasion!

Hi Kim,
    A warm welcome from me too and I loved watching All That Glitters and pleased you learnt so much from it. (I definitely wouldn't have liked being filmed, but would have relished the opportunity to learn from others in the JQ).
    Its much quieter now, but I'm still here now and then.
    Last edited by Petal; 06-10-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    Jules

lol well yes, I have to agree..my light was ON lol.

But it is what it is.

Overall a positive experience and thank you Peter

Hi Denis, Thank you. That is a big shame that the forum is less vibrant, especially with SO many new jewellers out there!

I will have to think up some questions...

Thank you Petal, it was hard to learn form the other competitors as we were all spaced well away from each other, however I did hear Sonny talking about the cuttlefish casting and how he'd made a lot of air vents. I hadn't done cuttlefish casting before so I took it on board and did an extra big vent and Lo my casting worked perfectly. To bad they didn't show that on the program lol.

I decided I had to ignore the cameras and just focus on what I was making, hence the editing where all I'm saying is 'NO' and 'Not Now' lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkie View Post
    I decided I had to ignore the cameras and just focus on what I was making, hence the editing where all I'm saying is 'NO' and 'Not Now' lol.
    For the best, I think - had it been me it would have been a long session of bleeps...